The Women’s Center Diversity Committee is seeking nominations for this year’s Women of Color Awards, which recognize and honor women of color who have made a significant contribution to the University.
Candidates may be nominated for excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- distinguished service/contributions to the University (for example: participation in committees, mentoring);
- academic or career achievements;
- outstanding leadership positions/roles;
- community service/Positive impact on community;
- commitment to enhancing quality of life for and/or service as a role model for women of color.
The nomination form is available on the Women's Center website. Additional pages may be added if needed, but please follow the format of the nomination form.
Nominations should be mailed to: Carol Millette, Women’s Center, Unit 1118, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1118, by Monday, March 6.
The recipients will receive their awards, and other nominees will be acknowledged, during a reception on April 25, in the Rome Ballroom.
The event is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural and International Affairs, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, AAUP.